Thursday, January 31, 2013

2012 has come and gone...

It's been a whole year since I last posted.
And I am thinking it's time to change that bad habit.
This last year has passed in a flash, and I wanted to share some of our hightlights with you.

1)  Spain.  Rick-y Steves and the Nash family.  What could be better?

2)  Uganda.  Kelsey, Kirby, their three kids, and all the children we met.  our hearts were broken, and encouraged in the same 10 days.

3)  Husband and I celebrated one year of being debt free in November 2012.  Let's get real, we celebrate on a weekly basis!

4)  I ended my job at the Domestic Violence Crisis Center in January 2013, and will begin taking classes full time online through Asbury Theological Seminary to finsish my MDiv this February.  Estimated Graduation Date is December 2014.

5)  Husband's studio released Ice Age 4, and he has been hard at work on the next one:  Epic.

6)  Our CT BFF's got pregnant, had a baby, and named her Anna Katherine (after me, right???).  I have the honor of watching Anna in the mornings four or five times a week.

7)  We still love our tiny apartment, and painted, redecorated, bought our first TV and some big furniture from Ikea.

8)  We spent an whole year with our missional community at NECC.  We made really great friends, and have been studying the book of Acts together.  We can't wait to see what this year looks like.

9)  My sister got a full job job in Daytona working for a Grand Am.  She made us VIPs for their race up near us, and we went to spend the day with her.

10)  Husband's birthday in August began a new tradition:  Low Country Boil at the end of summer time.

11)  We tried to spend as many weekends at the beach as possible.  It was a fabulous summer.

12)  9)  We ened the year with a delightful ski trip and B&B stay with Husband's parents and brother.  Skiing did not go well for me, but we had a great time!



our toes on long island.

arriving in barcelona.  husband does not have his bag.  :-(

Uganda with J, R, and M.

Sagrada Familia in Barcelona

The Stamford MC's Pre Thanks Dinner in November

Preparing for low country boil and our guests.
pace car ride.  thanks, sister!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I love your blog and I love your life! Great update, sister!! miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved looking back at your year.
    the picture of mason with those three beauties from africa is amazing.
    you guys are enjoying life together....and it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete