Wednesday, January 25, 2012

cleaning out my inbox. changing my life.

the new year always makes me want to clean.
and start with a blank slate.
my gmail inbox was out of control.
we are talking THOUSANDS of unread emails in my inbox.
i actually didn't like checking my email.
real email got lost amid the advertisements.
plus, with every new email promising 70% off, i HAD to look.
don't want to miss a good deal.

so, one morning a week or so ago, i cleaned it out.
husband helped me delete a TON.
unsubscribe to the emails i don't want.
good bye loft.  good bye walmart.  good bye pottery barn.
and williams sonoma, and career builder, and monster.com,
and soma, and all the others.  good bye.

husband helped me learn to archive.
and tag lots of different types of emails.

and now.  i love checking my email.
because i know whatever is coming in, i want.

if your email inbox is out of control,
you should try this too.
you will feel so much better.

1 comment:

  1. This email probably wasn't meant to make anyone laugh. But I'm laughing. :) Sorry!

    Because just last week M and I talked about this - about how we hadn't heard from you in a while. And what your inbox probably looked like, based on what it used to look like in college (on yahoo) and considering that now you are working, married, and have been sick lately. We decided that it was really full. So, I am really really excited to hear this good news!

    ReplyDelete